Sunday 18 September 2011

Welcome to Pocket Safari!

Welcome to Pocket Safari and thank you for reading!

Who am I?

I am a former English and Comparative Literature student who has a passion for writing and has
known that I’ve wanted a career out of scribbling things down since I learnt how to read and write in school!

I have a passion for happy movies (and horrors), music with a good beat (or a little Frank Sinatra!), animals (of all shapes and sizes), travel (Thailand is next on the list) and of course – writing!

Why is your blog called ‘Pocket Safari?’

I decided upon the name of my blog when I sat and thought about what my intentions for my blog were. I want to bring quick, easy and accessible posts to anyone that may stumble upon my blog. I want my blog to literally be in your pocket – intimate, reliable and readily available. I chose the word safari because I want my blog to address all manner of movies, music, restaurants, holidays, places, magazines and so on and to appeal to people all over the world but more than that, I hope that I can transport people with my writing and send people on an adventure. Sound a bit pretentious? I hope not! I just want people to enjoy my blog!

What is the purpose of my blog?

My blog is essentially a means of storing and showcasing my writing in an easily navigated format. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, lyrics, interviews, reviews, articles and contributing to discussions, whilst presenting new information, news and entertainment.

I hope that my blog showcases the variety of work that I spend my time creating and that you enjoy perusing!

How can I contact you?

If you wish to contact me about anything you read, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. I would be grateful for any comments or criticism (constructive only). Should you be interested in anything I have written or like me to write anything for you, please do get in touch. I would like a future in journalism (or anything that lets me write, write, write!) so if you see potential in my style, please do let me know!

Furthermore, if you have any suggestions for anything that you would like to see on my blog, again please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope you stick around.

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment