Thursday 5 September 2013

Neutrogena - Hydro Boost Night Concentrate


Overview
Night-time is when our body does most of it's healing and regeneration. As such, a powerful night moisturiser is highly recommended if you are serious about skincare. Of course, without an effective nights rest, a cream can only perform so many miracles! I once read a highly reputed celebrity (not that I can recall the name, but a slight niggle tells me it was Penelope Cruz) state that she does not clean her face in the morning AT ALL. She does all her prep work at night: cleansing, toning, moisturising, and let's the night work it's magic. In the morning, she only lightly splashes her face with water so as not to undo the effects of the night before.

Packaging
BLUE, BLUE, BLUE. I am so drawn to blue. It promises clarity, relaxation and pampering. For a product that promises moisture, blue is a very promising colour and that is what drew me instantly to the range.

Price
$19.30

Scent

Minimalistic, there's not much to smell here, which is a shame as the scent is very important to me (You might have noticed that from previous entries!)

Texture
This baby blue liquid is accompanied by darker blue beads. This has a silky smooth, soft texture.  It's a slightly translucent gel and the colour if so appealing.

Bang for your buck
I actually really like this product. As you use it once daily (at night...) you can really make it go far. Supposedly this product time releases moisture throughout the night, meaning that you will constantly be having your moisture levels upped. The mantra for this product is hydration, hydration, hydration. It can also be used on all skin types (again, I would exercise caution if you have problematic skin). The real proof is always in the pudding and how your skin feels upon waking.

Does it work?
My skin definitely felt very thoroughly hydrated the morning after the night before. I really enjoyed using this. It's powerfully effective but doesn't feel heavy.

Does it last?
Using once nightly, you can use a little and make it last.

Would I repurchase?
I'm on the fence here. Although I really enjoyed this product and found it effective, I'd also like to try others. I don't think I would 'commit' to this product although I wouldn't be adverse to trying it again.

Instructions for use
Apply once nightly on the face and neck.

Final verdict: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment