1. She has been very upfront and outspoken about the film industries representation of actresses as waif thin, instead promoting a strong, healthy look that young girls can aspire to.
2. Unlike most famous faces, who automatically dismiss their role model status, Jennifer is very aware of the fact that young girls look to her as an influence, particularly due to her portrayal of ‘Hunger Games’ heroine Katniss Everdeen. She acknowledges that if she presented Katniss as a starving, emaciated girl, audiences would potentially attempt to mimic her.
3. Despite her rampant popularity (she most certainly is the ‘Girl on Fire’), Julia Roberts has proclaimed that Jennifer is too cool and edgy to be an American sweetheart.
4. She gets overwhelmingly star struck when she encounters fellow famous people, such as John Stamos, Justin Timberlake and Meryl Streep.
5. Jennifer Lawrence has not attended a single acting or drama class. She did however hone her skills in local theatre.
6. Lawrence graduated two years early in order to initiate her film career. She clearly still valued the importance of having an academic education to cushion her.
7. At the tender age of 23, she already has an Oscar under her belt.
8. Jennifer was initially reluctant to accept the role of Katniss, having seen the effect of the huge success of the ‘Twilight’ series on lead star Kristen Stewart. Fortunately, after mulling over the offer for several days, she decided to accept.
9. For her role in ‘Winters Bond’, Lawrence had to learn to chop wood, skin squirrels and fight.
10. Unlike many stars, coerced into sexually explicit scenarios to further their careers, Lawrence made the calculated decision, after fearing that her roles to date had been too bleak and dowdy, to jazz up her appearance in a sultry red dress at the Oscars and attending a strategic GQ shoot. She was later offered the role of Mystique in the X Men Franchise.